[CentOS-devel] using GIT as VCS for packaging rpms

Lennert Buytenhek

buytenh at wantstofly.org
Fri Nov 7 09:30:24 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 02:11:25AM +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> While there are quite a few people using central VCS's like svn and cvs
> for hosting packaging repo's and building from them using automated
> tools - is anyone away of a decentralised setup using either Hg or Git ?

We have an embedded-ish mini-distro based on Fedora, for which the
sources are kept in git, with the local branches based on the F-8
branches in the repositories of the Fedora CVS->git conversion
available here:

	http://fedora.gitbits.net/

(Unfortunately, rsync access to the Fedora CVS server was disabled
after the Great Security Incident, and when I asked about having it
re-enabled they told me they couldn't do it because of an
infrastructure freeze -- so the git conversion isn't updating for now.)