[CentOS-devel] s390 SIG

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Nov 19 16:17:25 UTC 2008

I've been working on a few things over the last 2 months, many of which
were just a case of pushing things around and getting more organised
internally. But some tasks should bring out more productive and visible
changes all around. I hope.

First thing to come from that is the possibility of a s390 SIG, made up
from a few people who have access to real s390 kit, who would work
together and help get a C5 build out.

Pasi, who maintains s390 on C3/C4 has previously expressed no desire in
following up with the C5 side of things, also access to real iron kept
getting in the way.

So, and oops for short notice, some of us are going to get together
later in the day today on #centos-devel and talk about this SIG. Anyone
/ everyone interested should join in. We expect to kick off at 21:00 UTC
today, 19th Nov 2008.

- KB