[CentOS-devel] Supercomputing 2008

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Nov 20 00:37:27 UTC 2008

Brandon Davidson wrote:
> It sounds like we are all still waiting on Red Hat to release their
> source packages on the FTP site. Due to the nature of the partnership,
> Platform cannot provide us with the SRPMs - they have to come from RH.
> It sounded like the folks at Platform might be able to poke some people
> to make this happen at little sooner?

This is pretty much what my understanding is at this time. We need to
have the packages show up on ftp.redhat.com, and I think Lawrence and
LiMing have been chasing about that.

> Once this happens, the next step would probably be to set up an HPC
> project and SIG on the CentOS website, and start building / testing the
> packages. Once the packages look stable, perhaps a repo on the mirrors
> would be appropriate?

yes, that too is what my understanding has been so far.

( lots of people on this CC list, most might already be on centos-devel :D )