[CentOS-devel] Some T-Shirt's decorations

Dag Wieers

dag at centos.org
Mon Nov 24 20:45:49 UTC 2008

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008, Ralph Angenendt wrote:

> Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
>> There are some t-shirt's decorations available at:
>>
>> http://wiki.centos.org/Promo/Tshirts
>
> Okay. The second one is completely "overloaded". The first one would
> look good with only one of the "flowers".
>
> The rest somehow is missing the CentOS reference, as I don't think that
> the slogans are self explaining.
>
> But the overall looks is great, we'd just have to mix some CentOS
> reference in there >:)

That is why for the stickers we chose to take the slogan:

 	CentOS: Enterprise Linux for the people

So that at least people know that it is an Enterprise Linux and they are
included as the target market :) (besides in South America you have
strong people movements)

What I like on a poster is to give away the important characteristics of
an Enterprise Linux. There are ofcourse many, and some are more
interesting to some people than others.

In my presentations I always talk about:

     secure, stable, predictable and reproducable

If we look at what Enterprise Linux means, an important one is that
security updates are low-risk and available as soon as they are ready and
tested. As a result the deliverables are stable and systems running an
Enterprise Linux are predictable in behaviour.

Thanks to the fact that the environment does not change too often,
experiences and problems are reproducable on other systems.

So to me the poster and future promotional material should indicate that
CentOS is an Enterprise Linux, and it should include those 4 important
keywords.

What do other people think ?