[CentOS-devel] Instructions on rebuilding the CentOS 5 installer?

Karanbir Singh

kbsingh at centos.org
Tue Nov 25 16:52:12 UTC 2008

James Pearson wrote:
> Is this what the CentOS team use to rebuild the installer?

no.

> Having a very quick look at the docs, it appears to be far much more
> than I need ... for CentOS 4, I use a short script to run genhdlist
> (twice), pkgorder and buildinstall (pulled from the build.sh.txt above)
> - is there a similar script for CentOS 5 available somewhere?

There is no script really, since its all yum repo's on the install
media, its just a case of making sure your repo's are complete, the
packages dep loop close, and running buildinstall once.

In most cases, I highly recommend you dont even do the buildinstall
process. just use what is shipped with the centos media, just adapt
repo's to taste.

Jeroen offered to have revisor do something like this, where it would
recompose the repo tree's and rebuild install media without rerunning
buildinstall for CentOS. Not sure if he has had the time to make that
happen as yet or not.

--
Karanbir Singh
CentOS Project { http://www.centos.org/ }