[CentOS-devel] Building latest kmods for latest kernel automatically

Tue Nov 18 21:39:40 UTC 2008
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>

While i was talking with someone in #centos about drbd, we saw that
there was no kmod-drbd82 (nor kmod-drbd) package for the latest and
current 5.2 kernel.
In fact the last one was for 2.6.18-92.1.10 ...
I know that Johnny tested the weak-updates script but what if a new user
already using the latest kernel try to install a new module (like for
the drbd kmod) ?
so it seems a build for every kernel has still to be done but
unfortunately that depends on the people who initially build such kmod
(for centosplus and extras and that are not in base).
Is there a possibility to think about some kind of automated procedure
so that each new built kernel (update) package for [updates] triggers a
build of corresponding kmods sitting in extras/centosplus ?
What do you think ?

--
-
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>