[CentOS-devel] Supercomputing 2008

Wed Nov 19 23:07:12 UTC 2008
Brandon Davidson <brandond at uoregon.edu>

Hu Laurence,

I stopped by the Platform booth this afternoon and had a nice discussion
with Gabor about the relationship between Kusu and the RHEL HPC channel.
Gabor mentioned that the current process sees Platform pushing SRPMs to
Red Hat for building, validation, and eventual publishing via their HPC
channel. Please correct me if I'm wrong, guys :)

It sounds like we are all still waiting on Red Hat to release their
source packages on the FTP site. Due to the nature of the partnership,
Platform cannot provide us with the SRPMs - they have to come from RH.
It sounded like the folks at Platform might be able to poke some people
to make this happen at little sooner?

Once this happens, the next step would probably be to set up an HPC
project and SIG on the CentOS website, and start building / testing the
packages. Once the packages look stable, perhaps a repo on the mirrors
would be appropriate?

Regards,

-Brandon