[CentOS-devel] Supercomputing 2008

Thu Nov 20 02:08:15 UTC 2008
Laurence Liew <lliew at osgdc.org>

Hi Brandon, KB

Yes - the below conclusion is correct.

We are pushing and 'poking' Red Hat to release the SRPMS on redhat ftp
site on a weekly basis... once we have a ETA date we will let the team
know.

We look forward to working closely withe the CentOS folks to create
the CentOS HPC distro and to form the HPC SIG...

Cheers!
laurence

ps. Brandon - did you pick up the bjob t-shirt at Platform's booth? if
you did not... you may want to go back and get it!

On 20 Nov 2008, at 7:07 AM, Brandon Davidson wrote:

> Hu Laurence,
>
> I stopped by the Platform booth this afternoon and had a nice
> discussion with Gabor about the relationship between Kusu and the
> RHEL HPC channel. Gabor mentioned that the current process sees
> Platform pushing SRPMs to Red Hat for building, validation, and
> eventual publishing via their HPC channel. Please correct me if I'm
> wrong, guys :)
>
> It sounds like we are all still waiting on Red Hat to release their
> source packages on the FTP site. Due to the nature of the
> partnership, Platform cannot provide us with the SRPMs - they have
> to come from RH. It sounded like the folks at Platform might be able
> to poke some people to make this happen at little sooner?
>
> Once this happens, the next step would probably be to set up an HPC
> project and SIG on the CentOS website, and start building / testing
> the packages. Once the packages look stable, perhaps a repo on the
> mirrors would be appropriate?
>
> Regards,
>
> -Brandon

-- Laurence