[CentOS-devel] kmod-xfs for 2.6.18-92.1.13.el5

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Sun Oct 5 13:44:48 UTC 2008

Farkas Levente wrote:
> Johnny Hughes wrote:
>> Jon Ernster wrote:
>>> Fair enough.  Can I get a general ETA perhaps?  End of the week?  Early next?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> J.

>> They are here and are currently being tested, but seem to work OK for me:
>>
>> http://people.centos.org/hughesjr/kernel/5/plus/2.6.18-92.1.13.el5.centos.plus/
>>
>> They should work fine with that kernel.
>
> i just look into the xfs-kmod and see this line in the config:
> CONFIG_XFS_DMAPI=
> you see the missing "y"? is it a bug or direct?

That was not on purpose ... let's see what happens when I set it to Y.
It has probably been set that way for all CentOS-5 though.  Fedora does
not use DMAPI, so that is why it is off.

> anyway this xfs source is the same as the one shipped in the rhel kernel
> or it's a newer xfs source?

It is somewhat newer.  We have started a Project specifically for XFS,
this is where XFS will be upgraded and extended in the future. Please
join it if you want to make CentOS XFS better:

https://projects.centos.org/trac/xfs/

Tru ... how do they join :D

> and in the plus kernel why do you use the dist tag and not the buildid?
>
> it'd be nice if we can somehow diff the rhel/centos and centos plus
> kernel's config files, currently it's very hard.

It is not too hard, if you have the plus kernel installed or extracted,
the config file is there as it is in the real kernel.  All you need to
do is run diff in whatever way you like to see the output.

If there is something you would like to have turned on, patches are
accepted.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes