[CentOS-devel] Re: xfs volume can not be mounted with uuid or label, only scsi device name /dev/sdb (solved)

John Shen jshen at stumbleupon.com
Wed Oct 8 13:00:35 UTC 2008

james, thank you so much for your help. indeed, the problem is that /etc/blkid/blkid.tab still has the old ext3 entry.

i changed TYPE to xfs and updated the uuid for /dev/sdb, and now it mounts fine with UUID. since i prefer UUID anyway, i did not test label, but assume it was the same issue.

yes, we do use the entire device, which never had problems with other fs types, which mount seem to update blkid.tab automatically. still not sure why it did not do so for xfs, but as long as it works, i am happy.

cn=John Shen,title=Sys. Admin.,ou=Operations,dc=StumbleUpon,dc=com