[CentOS-devel] Re: CentOS Directory Server (CDS) and more is available for testing

Angel Marin anmar at anmar.eu.org
Thu Oct 16 15:25:15 UTC 2008

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Tim Verhoeven wrote:
>> Hi again,
>>
>> I've build the latest version of CDS yesterday. These are now
>> available in the testing repo. Are there people capable of testing
>> these new packages ? I currently don't have the time/resources for
>> this. So that would be really helpfull.
>
> One thing which is really ugly is that the package does not create a
> user and group for the directory server and uses "nobody" as a default.
>
> This can easily be patched into the perl modules (has to happen in
> modules in centos-ds-base and centos-ds-admin) - and the base package
> should create a user and group "dirserv" (or similar).
>
> Opinions?

IIRC setup-ds.pl already asks for user/group you want to use for the new
instance and creates them/sets up the appropriate permissions. So what
would this rpm-created user buy us?

BTW, I've been running the new rpms in a couple instances for over a day
now and they've answered a few 10s of thousands of queries without a glitch.

--
Angel Marin
http://anmar.eu.org/