[CentOS-devel] CentOS Release Timeline (Graphical Display)

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Oct 9 12:24:42 UTC 2008

Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:

> http://wiki.centos.org/AlainRegueraDelgado?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=en-centos-lifecycle.png

I cant see the other one, but this one is incorrect. neither 4.6 nor 5.2
or 3.9 have those lifecycles.

The CentOS Version if 3 or 4 or 5, the point bit is only a revision
under that and we need to make sure that its clear to people that what
they run is CentOS-5 and not CentOS-5.2

People who *really* *really* need to care, are very very few, and they
can work the relationship out between 5.2 and 5.1 themselves. If they
cant, they dont need to care.

Perhaps an alternate display with 2 dimensions that could have point
release info, as well as lifecycle info ? Or is there some other way to
highlight the fact that while 5.2 is the latest release CentOS-5, its
not what CentOS-5 is going to be forever ( which is what it looks like
from this image ).

- KB