[CentOS-devel] centos and HPC

Laurence Liew

lliew at osgdc.org
Fri Oct 31 04:27:26 UTC 2008

Hi

We would kindly join in and assist.

Our team developed Project Kusu (http://www.hpccommunity.org/kusu)
which is the foundation for the Red Hat HPC offering. As mentioned by
KB, HPC is very wide, and we definitely need more help and expertise.

For a complete HPC stack the following components would be required:

Infrastructure:
1. OS (centOS)
2. cluster management (kusu)
3. batch scheduler (Lava already included in kusu, SGE, Torque would
also be good additions)
4. cluster filesystems (Lustre, GPFS, GFS, pNFS)
5. compilers and libraries (gcc, intel/portland compilers, mpich,
openmpi, lapack, scalapack, atlas etc)

Open source HPC applications Kits in
1. bio/life science
2. chemistry and materials science
3. CFD
4. rendering applications
5. financial computations apps
6. numerical routines libraries....
7. etc

In Kusu we try to provide most of the infrastructure pieces, the next
stage of development is to target applications, so that engineers and
scientist using Kusu can easily install a cluster with their
applications without worrying about the cluster software infrastructure.

Cheers!

Laurence
www.HPCCommunity.org