[CentOS-devel] slow Perl on CentOS 5

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Wed Sep 3 02:03:27 UTC 2008

James Antill wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-09-02 at 08:12 +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
>
>> A first-run option to enable these repos (and maybe a system-config[1]
>> tool  to reconfigure available repos) would highlight the fact that
>> these repos exist.
>
>  pirut can already do that, as can PK (as a stand alone tool, although
> it requires the PK backend).
pirut isn't useful without graphics, and I don't ordinarily use graphics
on machines I administer remotely.

I don't know what PK is.

The reason I said "first-run" is to ensure administrators know there's a
decision to be made.

A commandline tool to enable/disable repos would allow administrators to
apply the decisions in the kickstart's %post section.

>> [1] or maybe yum could be extended to list and change the state of repos.
>
>  yum repolist all, does this, in 3.2.8

That's way better than the grep I've been using. Thanks.

enablerepo/disablerepo (as distinct from --enablerepo/--disablerepo
would complement these nicely.

--

Cheers
John