[CentOS-devel] slow Perl on CentOS 5

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Sep 3 10:45:19 UTC 2008

Gavin,

Gavin Carr wrote:
> As others have reported, this seems to fix the main speed issues people
> were complaining about.
>
> But it doesn't seem to have changed the overload referencing semantics
> that DBIx::Class::StartupCheck tests for - this still fails on the new
> perl:

Two things, firstly - no one else in any of the bug reports has
mentioned this DBIx issue - so, I am happy to ignore that in this bug
case specifically since it does not break what was previous behavior.

Secondly, neither Nicholas nor Vipul have replied to my emails asking
for help, and i think 4 days is a fair amount of time to timeout on.

So unless anyone has reason to not push these perl packages, I'd like to
get them out there.