[CentOS-devel] CentOS on the Asus Eeepc ...

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sun Sep 7 20:05:58 UTC 2008

Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> I had to modify the installer initrd.img to include the atl2.ko module
> for the wired nic to install from my local mirror .. where do i store it
> ? on the wiki page itself, as an attachment ? a simple link to a tmp
> space on my website ?
>
> I'm now wondering what's the best way to include the atl2.ko module
> during setup : a rpm that will be fetched from centos extras (?) or a
> simple driverdisk ?
>
> Ideas & comments welcome ...

I've been working on an alternate installer, which does not use anaconda
at all, for the eeepc since we need to change a lot of default stuff in
order to get the basic stuff working in a reasonable manner.

Also, is this atl2 ko based on the one that I had built sometime back or
is this from the 2.x version ? if so, is it stable enough to rebase onto
  in the 2.6.18 code ?

PS: please dont crosspost.