[CentOS-devel] CentOS on the Asus Eeepc ...

Niels de Vos niels.devos at wincor-nixdorf.com
Tue Sep 9 08:37:02 UTC 2008

Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>> Also, is this atl2 ko based on the one that I had built sometime back
>> or is this from the 2.x version ? if so, is it stable enough to rebase
>> onto  in the 2.6.18 code ?
> It's still the v1 of the driver, so basically the same that you used ..
> except that i rebuilt it from
> http://repo.redhat-club.org/redhat/5/SRPMS/atl2-kmod-1.0.40.4-el5.rhc.1.src.rpm
> We tried with Manuel Wolfshant to have the v2 driver built on 2.6.18 but
> it didn't work (Manuel took contact with the devel guy but i think he
> had still no answer )

As discussed yesterday on #centos-devel, I've created a patch [1] for
madwifi (based on a version from fedora 8 [2]).

A src.rpm is available on my site [3]. Feel free to use the patch and/or
src.rpm to provide support for an eeePC :)

Cheers,
Niels

[1] http://www.nixpanic.net/software/patches/madwifi-ng-r2756_rhel52.patch?attredirects=0
[2] http://tchung.fedorapeople.org/madwifi/ar2425/2.6.24.3-34.fc8/