[CentOS-devel] geode anyone ?

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 15:22:15 UTC 2008

> If you're current with updates, you're on 5.2,

Heh!  I'll throw yum at it, thanks!

Here at work, we still use RH9.0 on production servers that go into the
>> field (not broke, dont fix it).  If we ever need to do a major update due
> You can rely on this: it's broken. If security is unimportant, fine.
> Otherwise, look at the nearest CentOS.

They're on closed networks with no direct internet connection.  I believe
they also only expose ssh and a couple house-written daemons.  I do keep ssh
manually patched from tar balls on the servers.

Undoubtedly, there's probably logged-in-user-rights-elevation problems, but
if they get a login, the important bits of the system are already accessible
so... meh.