[CentOS-devel] rhwas 5 issues

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Sep 23 22:48:55 UTC 2008

Joe Pruett wrote:
> please let me know if my emailing about this stuff is getting on your
> nerves :-).

Not at all. Its good to know that there is atleast 1 person out there
who actually looks at some of these things :D.

> the php rebuild is missing some subpackages:
>
> php-mhash
> php-mssql
> php-readline
> php-tidy
> php-mcrypt

I dont think these are available in the upstream packages either.
However, we can enable them as long as they dont break anything.

> and some of the pear and pecl pacakges seem to not be updated either,
> but i haven't looked at that closely yet.

Right, the repo isnt in production, so its not in the updates system as
yet. I am sort of in the middle of rewriting the whole updates system
and am going to use the el5s2 repo as a test case.

> and the mysql in testing isn't the same as upstream.  is that something
> that is going to be addressed?

yes, and no. Yes in that it will get addressed. And NO in that it might
not be exactly the same as whats upstream. You might want to look at
some of the history between us ( CentOS ), Redhat and Mysql w.r.t rhwas
on el4 about why that is.