[CentOS-devel] CentOS Directory Server (CDS) and more is available for testing

Ivan Levchenko levchenko.i at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 07:26:57 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 2:54 AM, Brandon Davidson <brandond at uoregon.edu> wrote:
> Jason Cox wrote:
>>
>> Enough said, legal issues. Like I said before, I am using the testing repo
>> setup already. I just can not use something that is from a testing repo in
>> my production environment. So I will wait. Thanks.
>
> I am eagerly awaiting CDS's move out of Testing - like Jason, I don't feel
> comfortable pointing production machines at the Testing repo, no matter how
> stable the software might be.
>
> I was also hoping to use the IPA stuff - if we could get that even in
> Testing some time soon, I could at least start banging on it.

The build process of the srpms is very straightforward, no serious
problems. Only had one problem, and it was easily solved by building a
newer version of ipa-server from upstream git repository, so give it a
try! I even saw an article on howtoforge that gives exact details on
what to build and when.

Ivan