[CentOS-devel] forums + portal for {lang}.centos.org sites

Neil Thompson abraxis at telkomsa.net
Fri Sep 26 10:47:34 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 12:31:33PM +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:

> Did anyone look at the Forum capabilities of Drupal ? Or at some of the
> Drupal modules that add Forum capabilities.
>
> I don't know what is important for forums, but it is used quite
> succesfully for lots of websites and the integration with a Drupal portal
> would mean that where necessary posts could be hightlighted on the
> frontpage (or some subsequent portal-page).

I'd agree with Dag - Drupal is definitely worth a look.  License is good,
integration with all sorts of other things is good, they actively hunt
down security problems and fix them timeously, and a packages are already
available on Fedora, so just plugging it into CentOS should not be too
difficult.

OBDisclaimer: I'm still implementing my first site with it, so there may
be issues I'm not aware of.

--
Cheers! (Relax...have a homebrew)

Neil