[CentOS-devel] forums + portal for {lang}.centos.org sites

Marcus Moeller mm at gcug.de
Sat Sep 27 09:32:58 UTC 2008

Dear Fabian.

> Guillaume also looked at the fluxbb source and said that it should be easy
> to integrated ldap auth in fluxbb, so without having to modify the fluxbb
> source code itself (by using hooks)
> See his post on the fluxbb forum :
> http://fluxbb.org/forums/post/16062/#p16062 .. and Guillaume also agreed on
> the fact that because he knows fluxbb (and fluxbb developers very well), he
> could write such ldap_auth hook .. (and he proposed also to test the newbb
> -> fluxbb migration : see the tool he wrote for fluxbb here :
> http://www.punbb.fr/mods/mod.php?id=56 )
> Can Guillaume have write script on the
> http://wiki.centos.org/WebsiteVer2/forums page ? his Wiki name should
> normally be GuillaumeKulakowski

FluxBB seems to be a fork of PunBB which is currently used on fr...org
(Fabian, you was involved in this attempt I guess).

I am not sure if the Portal Software for FluxBB (which is also Puntal
I guess) is still maintained and/or if there are any alternatives
available. I am also not sure why a relatively small project like
PunBB has been forked.

Maybe Guillaume could join the discussion to point that out.

Best Regards
Marcus