[CentOS-devel] forums + portal for {lang}.centos.org sites

Marcus Moeller mm at gcug.de
Mon Sep 29 15:46:20 UTC 2008

Good Evening.

>> eg. I am looking at Drupal for my own site and I find venturing into the
>> modules portion of drupal immediately drops the quality of code, and even
>> the ownership of security issues. It seems Drupal guys dont take on
>>  security issues for things that come from the modules or related projects
>> that are being used inside drupal.
>>

> We (in my day job) see the same security issues for Joomla based sites when
> modules are used to extend core functionality. Site developers/owners are
> quick to extend functionality by installing additional plugins but then
> don't want the responsibility of maintaining multiple packages/plugins on
> the server. It just adds a further layer of complexity as any plugins need
> to also be separately monitored (and maintained) for security updates.

That's definitly true and why I try to leave most of the code as-is
and add nearly no additional modules. I personally like Joomla very
much. There where some annoying security issues in the past but I
still believe in the stable code-base.

The Joomla phpBB bridge is non-invasive and should just work fine. If
someone is interested in testing I could give him/her an account on
gcug.de which will be merged when de.centos.org is going to happen.

This makes use of Fireboard, but I think I could also offer an phpBB
installation. I could also transfer the installation to a testing VM
if someone could grant me access.

Best Regards
Marcus