[CentOS-devel] options on voice conf calls

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Sep 24 14:33:49 UTC 2008

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
> Hmm. This sounds like a fun pet project. I might see if I can get my
> hands on the right equipment and help out a bit. It would also depend on
> my employer.

Sounds good.

The important thing here, which I might not have stressed earlier is
that we just need a place where a bunch of people can call into ( VoIP
would be good, Asterisk perhaps ? ) And the people who dont have access
to VoIP can perhaps call in using a normal phone. I heard there are
people around who can arrange for local termination points ( cyrpomis
are you on this list ? :D )

> The fun thing we need to do more with voice thee days and I have been
> playing around with stuff a bit. I might get my hand on some
> "unsupported" hardware that might just work fine and build a ort of gateway.
>
> Ohh. And skype is so a not standard protocol I would just love to make
> it go away in favor of open standards.

please do! I shall thank you muchly.

- KB