[CentOS-devel] forums + portal for {lang}.centos.org sites

Ralph Angenendt

ra+centos at br-online.de
Thu Sep 25 10:57:31 UTC 2008

Ned Slider wrote:
> Would someone take a quick look at the SMF license to see if it meets
> the project's minimum requirements or not:
>
> http://www.simplemachines.org/about/license.php

"Any Distribution of a Modified Package or derivative requires express
written consent from Simple Machines LLC" turns me off a bit.
<http://cmsreport.com/node/1777> has some more information about that.

"Any Distribution of this Package, whether as a Modified Package or not,
requires express written consent from Simple Machines LLC." doesn't
really sound better.

> At least then we can either tick a box or eliminate one possibility
> taking a little step closer to a solution :)

I don't like the license :)

>> Requirements:
> <snip>
>> - Must address the specific requirements raised by the present
>> www.centos.org forum users ( Can you please fill this section in ? )
>
> This is a task I can do. Where/how would you like the information?

Why not here in this thread first?

> Once we have a slightly shorter shortlist, I'm happy to go off and test
> some existing forum sites (using said shortlist) for end-user usability
> in this regard too.

Cool. Thank you.

Cheers,

Ralph