[CentOS-devel] CentOS Directory Server (CDS) and more is available for testing

Jason Cox

cscoman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 23:11:04 UTC 2008

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 5:39 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org>wrote:

> Ivan Levchenko wrote:
>
>> Maybe it would be possible to go straight to getting upstream IPA in
>> centos? it working very good for me....
>>

> I belive Tim Verhoeven is already working on this. He's just busy with
> house move and a few things in real life at the moment.
>
> --
> Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/  : 2522219 at icq

I personally have no use for IPA nor do I want to wait for IPA since CDS is
so close to being ready. Even upstream admits the differences in IPA and DS
in the IPA faq. If I had extra time right now I would help complete CDS and
get it ready for release, but I do not. If Centos is not going to complete
CDS, just let us know so I can change my plans for some other directory
server. If there still are plans to release CDS, then let us know of a
possable time frame so I can update my technology roadmap to include this
move for my company.

----
Jason Cox