[CentOS-devel] forums + portal for {lang}.centos.org sites

Marcus Moeller

mm at gcug.de
Mon Sep 29 08:45:21 UTC 2008

Dear Dag.

>>> Did anyone look at the Forum capabilities of Drupal ? Or at some of the
>>> Drupal modules that add Forum capabilities.
>>
>> If you add drupal to the list on the wiki, I am sure someone will look
>> at it ( maybe me, I am considering using it for my own website as well ).
>
> There have been some interesting comments from Drupal users on my blog-post
> that compared the requirements with modules and features.

In general most of these comments are very interesting and Drupal is
of course a great CMS., but I think the forums (even the Advanced
Forums) does not scale that well.

There is a phpBB bridge available which might be an option.

Concerning Pun/FluxBB I have also talked to the (ex)developer of
Puntal who said that his software is final and will no longer be
developed. Puntal relies on the authentication framework of Pun/FluxBB
which also needs to be extended to use LDAP auth.

But I guess Puntal is no real option as it's no longer maintained.

Best Regards
Marcus