[CentOS-devel] forums + portal for {lang}.centos.org sites

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Sep 29 14:13:43 UTC 2008

Marcus Moeller wrote:
> In general most of these comments are very interesting and Drupal is
> of course a great CMS., but I think the forums (even the Advanced
> Forums) does not scale that well.

This seems to be my impression as well. However, I'd still like to see
this myself on a local install.

> There is a phpBB bridge available which might be an option.

yup.

> Concerning Pun/FluxBB I have also talked to the (ex)developer of
> Puntal who said that his software is final and will no longer be
> developed. Puntal relies on the authentication framework of Pun/FluxBB
> which also needs to be extended to use LDAP auth.
>
> But I guess Puntal is no real option as it's no longer maintained.

I think you missed some of the discussions around this issue since they
happened a few months back - but yes, puntal/punbb are not on the agenda
since fluxbb was the fork we are following.

Also, there were licensing issues around punbb which made a few people
uncomfortable.