[CentOS-devel] Todo list for the Artwork SIG

Wed Sep 17 14:11:40 UTC 2008

Marcus Moeller wrote:
> I have not really suggested to use this or that. I just wantet to make
> clear that we should keep the content in one single place for better
> maintainance.

I agree. And trac provides a very good mechanism for this. Given that
its in use such widely, a lot of people are already familiar with the
milestones / aims / features and the fact that you can url into the scm
from the wiki makes in-revision tracking trivial. You can also assocated
issues with milestones and releases and handle wiki content within the
same context.

So it can be as easy as you want, but it can also easily do more complex
things if you need it to.

> There are some disadvantages in using trac which I have already lined
> out. One is the 'bad url' to access the trac pages. If
> artwork.centos.org (or something like that) would link to trac and the
> wiki just points there, all content could be kept in the trac wiki.

the URL issue does not look like anything major to me personally, also I
dont see much of a differences in https://projects.centos.org/ and
http://artwork.centos.org. Specially since the trac wiki is only 1 click
away from the https://projects.centos.org link. The wiki.centos.org page
at http://wiki.centos.org/Projects can have a few more comments about