[CentOS-devel] CentOS Directory Server (CDS) and more is available for testing

Thu Sep 25 23:37:01 UTC 2008

Jason Cox wrote:
> I personally have no use for IPA nor do I want to wait for IPA since CDS
> is so close to being ready. Even upstream admits the differences in IPA
> and DS in the IPA faq. If I had extra time right now I would help
> complete CDS and get it ready for release, but I do not. If Centos is
> not going to complete CDS, just let us know so I can change my plans for
> some other directory server. If there still are plans to release CDS,
> then let us know of a possable time frame so I can update my technology
> roadmap to include this move for my company.

CentOS-DS in the testing repo right now is pretty much stable and
release worthy. There are a couple of reasons why its not released
really, one of which is that we are trying to get some legal issues
cleared.

Also, Tim should be back into the CentOS grind soon, so will be able to
answer your other questions.