[CentOS-devel] forums + portal for {lang}.centos.org sites

Fri Sep 26 10:31:33 UTC 2008
Dag Wieers <dag at centos.org>

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008, Fabian Arrotin wrote:

> Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>>  Ned Slider wrote:
>> > >
>> >  I don't really see any restrictions on it's use, only it's distribution.
>> >    I just don't particularly like the language per se.
>>
>>  It would mean that we'd use a forum software but wouldn't really be able
>>  package it - especially if we had to change some code to make it work
>>  smoothly on a (for example) SELinux enabled CentOS install (or just put
>>  files somewhere else than SMF expects them to be and we would have to
>>  change code for that).
>>
>>  For me this is a real showstopper.
>>
>>  Ralph
>>
> +1 ... actually punbb/fluxbb works on a CentOS 5.x DomU with Selinux enabled
> and it's working ok (nothing to change, except allowing httpd to send smtp
> mail for the mail notification part of the forum)

Did anyone look at the Forum capabilities of Drupal ? Or at some of the
Drupal modules that add Forum capabilities.

I don't know what is important for forums, but it is used quite
succesfully for lots of websites and the integration with a Drupal portal
would mean that where necessary posts could be hightlighted on the
frontpage (or some subsequent portal-page).