[CentOS-devel] forums + portal for {lang}.centos.org sites

Tue Sep 30 21:52:51 UTC 2008
David Newkerk <centosml at davidnewkerk.com>

Stephane has kindly recommended I simply refer to my already-posted
info, and continue from here on in the mailing list. Please read these
posts, as I have tried to offer insight into the mindset behind
Drupal's way of releasing modules, as well as covered security/update
topics. As a recap to better organize links to the info posted thus
far:

Drupal answers for CentOS forum user requests, theme, multi-site:
http://dag.wieers.com/blog/drupal-for-centos-portal-and-forums#comment-973

Drupal forum performance test results:
http://dag.wieers.com/blog/drupal-for-centos-portal-and-forums#comment-978

Sample of CentOS.org implementation using Drupal:
http://dag.wieers.com/blog/drupal-for-centos-portal-and-forums#comment-988

>From within the above link (Sample of CentOS.org implementation using
Drupal), these are important to point to:

IA and implementation of CentOS.org with Drupal:
http://www.davidnewkerk.com/book/52

Recipe of modules to build the CentOS.org website using Drupal (minus
core forum, and including background info on each of the module
Maintainers, so you can see that the modules, when wisely selected,
are reliable):
http://www.davidnewkerk.com/module-recipes/r-centos

I'm available to help if a custom demo of Drupal is desired. If you'd
like I will set up a copy on my local server tailored for your needs,
and send you a tar.gz of the files and a database dump, so you can set
it up on your server. If you want to grant any access I will be happy
to set it up that way.

Also, I'd like to see if I can help fill in the requirements more
completely in a few areas, such as the Y/N in requirement D, and the
empty column for requirement a. If anyone could clarify these 2 areas,
I will research how best to fulfill them with Drupal.

I'm sure whichever CMS you choose will serve you well. It's my goal to
present Drupal as a viable option to allow you to make an educated
decision and help you bypass any learning curve if you select Drupal
(as Drupal is more complex and powerful than most CMSes and can thus
take more time to understand without a guide).

Thanks!

- David