[CentOS-devel] 5.3´s anaconda src.rpm missing

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 21:50:46 UTC 2009

R P Herrold wrote:
> My $0.02 .... I'd love to be shown a path to avoid the
> problems on the 5.3 roll-out

Do we know exactly what the problem is?  That is, why does yum do
something different after a 'yum clean all'?  Shouldn't it be trying all
the mirrors anyway if it fails to get a file for any reason?  Otherwise,
what's the point of having the list that generally screws up caching?

I don't think the answer is to expect the repos to be perfect but rather
to make the clients recover without intervention (and without killing
the good repos too...).

   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com