[CentOS-devel] [CentOS-qa] RPM issue

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Fri Apr 10 10:25:26 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 16:47 -0400, R P Herrold wrote:
> My first thought was: The only other list it might move to is
> not a centos list -- we don't ship the package 'expressing'
> this behaviour, as I read the ticket ["EPEL rhnlib package"].

I think the EPEL package provides an example of the symptom, but is not
directly relevant.

> But if it is to a centos list, I would put this thread on
> centos-devel, and not the main list, which would trigger an
> endless quantity of side noise.

Agree that -devel would be a better venue if the discussion continues.
I put it here because it seemed to be a QA issue when reported on the
forums.  Cross-posting to -devel, so this thread should presumably be
considered closed.

> I do not see mention that a bug was filed, and to the extent
> that forum answers by 'authoritative answerers' there do not
> feed the bug tracker, we hide knowledge of possible errors
> from ourselves by leaving it only in the forum

I didn't file one, nor encourage the OP on the forum to do so, because I
was unsure where to file it. Brandon has opened:

http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3517

Phil