[CentOS-devel] Attempt to rebuild openssl-0.9.8e-7.el5.src.rpm fails

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Tue Apr 28 01:44:06 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-27 at 12:39 -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Phil Schaffner
> I agree with you.  This is a *bug* known to upstream.  The CentOS bug
> report should not have been closed based on the fact building was
> successful by some people or under "certain" circumstances.  But I am
> not the one who closed it ( have no such privilege anyway :-D ).

Yup - didn't intend to imply that you did.  Hard to tell in a thread
which comments are meant for the replied-to person and which are for
general consumption (or in this case Karanbir consumption).

> >but closing it because upstream has closed it
> > NEXTRELEASE does, so I guess it's a moot point for this particular case.
>
> Yes, now it (closing the bug) is rationalized (after the fact).  ;-P

We agree on that also! :-D

Cheers,
Phil