[CentOS-devel] Repository metadata problems

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Apr 10 11:10:12 UTC 2009

Florian La Roche wrote:
> For the mirrors who offer rsync access, you can also use "rsync -n"
> to compare your own mirror against different "upstream" ones.

Thats a good idea, we should plumb that into the checking scripts.

Also, internally all the centos machines run 2 rounds of rsync, the
first one runnging with an --exclude='repodata/' and without the
--delete. The second one has --delete, but no excludes, so that way we
try and make sure the time that a machine might not be in a 'good' state
is reduced quite a bit.