[CentOS-devel] MRG stack (Re: Welcome to the "CentOS-devel" mailing list (Digest mode))

Mon Apr 6 15:28:00 UTC 2009
Charlie Brady <charlieb-centos-devel at budge.apana.org.au>

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009, V Srikanth wrote:

> Hello. Does CentOS have plans to release a build of Redhat MRG? If not,
> please, please consider doing it.

[V Srikanth, please always provide a descriptive Subject with your email.]

I had no trouble rebuilding all the packages from:

ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/5Server/en/RHEMRG/SRPMS/

So I guess that you will be able to recompile those as well, and perhaps
it won't be too difficult for CentOS project to do a rebuild.

I haven't looked at any of the packages to see what trademark material
there is which would need to be removed by the CentOS project.

Are there dev guidelines on how to approach the trademark issue?

---
Charlie