[CentOS-devel] Documentation Help

Tim Verhoeven tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 21:41:07 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 7:29 PM, Andreas Rogge<a.rogge at solvention.de> wrote:

> I just hacked it together using wget and xslt. It is still quite rough,
> but works.
> Downloading can be done with wget -r -nH -np http://whatever/base/url/
> However, there are css files missing then (wget doesn't follow @import
> statements).
> After that you can just apply the attached XSLT to remove the header and
> add the disclaimer.
>
> So far I only tested with the Deployment Guide. I wanted to know wether
> that kind of solution is ok for you. If it is, I can probably create a
> rather small script for mirroring and maintain it.

Hi again,

After being busy with some other stuff I had some time to look into
this some more.

First there is the issue that wget does not follow urls mentioned in
CSS. Well, some good news here. The current development version of
wget (1.12) has received support for it. I've tested and it indeed
works. I can probably create a RPM for it if people are interested in
this.

So, once wget has run and see 2 more things that needs to be done.

First is to add the disclaimer to each page. Andreas, I've tried using
your XSLT (using xsltproc) but it does not seem to work here. Its
probably my total ignorance about XML and XSL and how to use it. So if
you could show how exactly to apply it ?

Secondly all the Red Hat logos need to be removed/replaced. Looking at
the deployment guide this looks to be a relatively short list. So it
should not be that hard for the script to have list of files to
replace after the mirroring that takes care of this.

So, if people have some time the coming days to have a go at this let
us know. If not I will probably have a go at it soonish.

Thanks again for the help,
Tim

--
Tim Verhoeven - tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com - 0479 / 88 11 83

Hoping the problem  magically goes away  by ignoring it is the
(Linus Torvalds)