[CentOS-devel] Donating?

R P Herrold herrold at centos.org
Wed Dec 9 15:46:54 UTC 2009

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009, Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann wrote:

> Something the promo team has been doing for a while is selling stuff under [1]
>
> So if you want a shirt or similar that is the place to look.

> [1] http://wiki.centos.org/Promo/Box

The page is all of five days old, and the 'promo team money
box and used to help CentOS' was unknown to me.  Additionally
the use of an outside (non-centos) email address to receive
monies is not something that has been brought to, nor approved
by the dev team.

I am unsettled by this at first read, as the location of the
content carries the implicit approval of being in on a
moderated part of 'centos.org', compared, contra, to the ad
hoc 'fan boi' enthusiasm, boosterism and advocacy, the
forum, mailing list and their archives, and the newsletter
[over which no editorial control is exercised by the dev
team]).

I'll add a review of this to the next dev team agenda for the
team to discuss the matter.

-- Russ herrold