[CentOS-devel] why is the addons repo empty?

Felix Schwarz

felix.schwarz at oss.schwarz.eu
Tue Dec 22 11:37:03 UTC 2009

Hi,

today I noticed that yum-priorities is not anymore in the base distribution -
a fact that seems to be well documented. However the yum-utils src rpm still
builds that package.

Therefore I was wondering why yum-priorities is available in extras and not in
addons.

Basically http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/General says:
> What are all the CentOS repositories (directories) and what is each one
> for?
 >
 > addons
> Contains packages required in order to build the main Distribution or
> packages produced by SRPMS built in the main Distribution, but not included
> in the main Red Hat package tree (mysql-server in CentOS-3.x falls into
> this category). Packages contained in the addons repository should be
> considered essentially a part of the core distribution, but may not be in
> the main Red Hat Package tree.

However the addons repo is completely empty for CentOS 5.4. Does that mean
addons is deprecated?

fs