[CentOS-devel] Donating: Out we not be more understanding on the list?

Ralph Angenendt

ralph.angenendt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 20:45:49 UTC 2009

Am 09.12.09 20:43, schrieb IT2 Stuart Blake Tener, USNR:
> List members,
>
> I am not sure if it is just I, but there seem to be a prevalent amount
> of elitism on this list, and as such I think this is a good time to
> make note of it in the light of working to accept donations.

Which kind of donations are you talking about? Monetary, hardware,
software, man power?

> It will hopefully be instructive to the some several folks (not all of
> course, but a select segment) of people on this list that are
> regularly curt, abrupt, condescending, and dismissive of those asking
> queries of the list to take stock of the fact that their alienating
> effect is long term and not soon forgotten. Surely, this will impact
> one's choice to donate.
>
> Thus, if the greater CentOS community is going to try to accept
> donations from those that see extremely righteous value in their work,
> why spoil that point of view by proving inarguably a contrarian
> outlook by treating people on this list dismissively?

My problem is that I don't really understand what you are trying to get
at - it would help me if you could point out for example the one case
which got you to write this mail. I know that people on here may seem to
be a bit disruptive in their manners (well, we already had that
discussion before on a different list) but I can assure you that that is
mostly just trying to write effective (efficient?) mails.

And I'm really having trouble to understand if what you see as
"donations" is the same thing I think about when I talk about "donations".

Cheers,

Ralph