[CentOS-devel] Talk about existing forums

Akemi Yagi

amyagi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 15:30:01 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 6:53 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

>Forums are a nice place to go to ask questions, but
> otherwise there's no reason to visit them.

There is indeed a very good reason to visit the forums -- to *answer*
questions. :-D

If people ask questions and no one answers, what good would it do?
Just as there are people who do not like forums, there are *many*
users who do not like the mailing lists.  Fortunately, we currently
have people who are willing to spend their time to help others in the
forums. But we can always have more -- there has been an increasing
number of users who come to the forums.

All contents of the forums - questions and [correct] answers - serve a
much greater number of CentOS users who search the net for help.  So,
yes, a unified searchable knowledge database will become a valuable
asset for CentOS.

Akemi / toracat
CentOS forum moderator