[CentOS-devel] Talk about existing forums

Tue Dec 15 14:53:33 UTC 2009
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 12/15/2009 01:52 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> I'd much rather see the effort go into better handling of the mail list archives
>> with a searchable web interface instead of splitting the knowledge base and
>> making it take much more work to find and answer questions.
>
> What makes you think it can only be one or the other ?

If you spread your efforts over too many choices, you'll ensure than none of
them are very good.  Forums are a nice place to go to ask questions, but
otherwise there's no reason to visit them.  If there's a paid support staff
providing answers they sort-of make sense but otherwise who is going to go
bouncing around to a forum for every interest just in case there might be an
interesting question there?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com