[CentOS-devel] Talk about existing forums

Tue Dec 15 15:39:18 UTC 2009

On 12/15/2009 03:30 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> yes, a unified searchable knowledge database will become a valuable
> asset for CentOS.

Something of this nature can be done - I did a proof of concept a long
long time back, lack of interest caused that to be dropped. I dont mind
picking up on something of this nature again ( given that I spend a
significant portion of my life messing about with fulltext engines )

But I dont see how such a unified system will remove or reduce the need
for forums. While there is a large number of repeat questions that come
up, it still looks - going by impression, no real metrics to back me up
- like a lot of new content is still coming up all the time.

--
Karanbir Singh
London, UK        | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh