[CentOS-devel] Lang-Subsites still in womb ?

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Wed Feb 11 00:08:15 UTC 2009

Marcus Moeller wrote:
> Good Evening Al,
>
>> Does anyone is already working on the Language subsites ? Is this an
>> interest yet ?
>>
>> If you are asked to build your own CentOS subsite, what do you'd have on it?
>>
>> See: http://wiki.centos.org/WebsiteVer2/langSubsites/cnus
>>
>> Please, add your feelings there (keep simplicity in mind when doing so).
> ,
>
> I think I am currently the only one who is (more or less) actively
> working on it. I have already evaluated phpBB as Forum software (which
> is great, but a bit hard to theme) and managed the LDAP bind.
>
> Now I have started coding an import script for the old/newbb which is
> a bit hard as I need some help from a SQL guru and noone has cried out
> 'Yeah that's me, yet'
>
> Your design mockups are really great. I personally welcome the first one:
>
> http://picasaweb.google.com/Alain.Reguera/CentOS?feat=embedwebsite#5301222327603873682
>
> I have to take a look if it's easily possible to create a similar skin
> for phpBB.

As a user, I've joined three or four BBs hosted with vbulletin, and one
with phpBB. I'd have to say the former is much nicer to use. It's
drawback is it costs money.

I thought fedoraforums was using vbulletin (it might have been), now
it's using vBadvanced which, at first glance, looks pretty similar, and
there is a free version.

--

Cheers
John