[CentOS-devel] CentOS Directory Server (CDS) and more is available for testing

Brandon Davidson brandond at uoregon.edu
Thu Feb 26 17:23:09 UTC 2009

Hi Tim,

I know that we're still kind of in the middle of 5.3 testing, but I thought that
I'd pop this back to the top so that perhaps it can find some time between 5.3
and whatever comes up next for QA.

I think the consensus was that the DS builds all work well - everything seems to
be stable, and with the exception of a few minor install-time items that could
be reported to upstream and/or fixed in CentOS packages, it's pretty much ready
to go. I believe there were some legal questions about the Java bits that were
never satisfactorily answered, but that OpenJDK was a possible solution?

There's also the issue of the IPA packages:
http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/5Server/en/RHEIPA/SRPMS/

Last I heard, you were going to attempt to get these built, but were hoping for
some help with repackaging/branding checks. Did that ever go anywhere? If
someone can give me some direction or something to work on, I'd be glad to put
some time into it.

Regards,

-Brandon