[CentOS-devel] How to make that CentOS support our IDE card?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Feb 27 12:08:31 UTC 2009

Gianluca Sforna wrote:
> If you lack the know how for doing a Linux kernel driver, I suggest
> you contact the guys at the Linux Driver project,

Yes, if there is no support in the mainline kernel there should be an
effort to make that happen. However, keep in mind that the linux driver
project guys working with the kernel.org kernel - thats something which
wont make it into CentOS for another 3 years or so.

I guess one option thats always available is to get the driver into
mainline, then backport and manage just that one tree in/for CentOS.

- KB