[CentOS-devel] How to make that CentOS support our IDE card?

Gianluca Sforna

giallu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 12:01:48 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Kevin Huang (黃凱文)
<Kevin.Huang at rdc.com.tw> wrote:
> Our Company have some IDE Cards.
> How to make that CentOS support our IDE card?
> How can I do for this? Or some information can let me know.

IMHO, the best way is to get the driver for your cards in the Linux
kernel upstream, so everyone (not just CentOS) can benefit.

If you lack the know how for doing a Linux kernel driver, I suggest
you contact the guys at the Linux Driver project, as they know how to
write and, even more importantly, include the driver in the mainline
kernel.
See for details:
http://www.linuxdriverproject.org

--