[CentOS-devel] CentOS 5.3 ETA?

Mon Feb 16 19:34:07 UTC 2009
Phil Schaffner <P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org>

On Mon, 2009-02-16 at 10:25 +0100, David Hrbáč wrote:
> Charlie Brady napsal(a):
> > Is there anything we can do to help? It seems unfortunate that progress on
> > this project might stop if one person goes on a honeymoon and another
> > disappears.
>
> Hi,
> I'm also prepared to lend a helping hand. I consider the state not
> enough for "enterprise community distro".

Agreed - shades of the WhiteBox single-string developer model come to
mind.  OTOH, managing a team approach has its own overhead - sometimes
it's easier to do-it-yourself.

I have quite a lot of experience building packages from assorted SRPMs
for local use - would be glad to pitch in if help is desired, and as
"real life" permits.  In any case, efforts of the core team/developers
are much appreciated.

Phil