[CentOS-devel] presto / deltarpm

Jonathan Dieter

jdieter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 16:15:52 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-05 at 14:45 +0100, David Hrbáč wrote:
> Karanbir Singh napsal(a):
> > hi,
> >
> > The idea of yum-presto and deltarpm support on mirror.centos.org is
> > something that seems to be worth visiting again. I am just wondering if
> > there is anyone who would like to grab the issue, do the testing,
> > workout whats involved and then try and come up with an implementation
> > plan ? Would be good if you already knew how yum and repomd type
> > repositories worked.
> >
> > Anyone interested and have the time ?
> >

> Well,
> what's up with presto? Fedora has integrated it and I see it still on
> the to-do list. Is there someone working on it or I could try to bring
> it up?
> David Hrbáč

The packages are in Fedora, but AFAIK, the infrastructure work remains
to be done.  The problem is integrating the building of deltarpms into
the Fedora buildsystem.  I attempted it, but writing the yum plugin and
its associated utils was far easier than integrating it into the
buildsystem.  Others have offered to do the buildsystem integration, but
it doesn't seem to be going anywhere (as far as I can see).

I've been keeping up presto-enabled repositories for Centos 5 (i386 and
x86_64) and well as Fedora (8, 9, 10 and Rawhide, i386) at
http://lesloueizeh.com/[f8|f9|f10|devel|centos5].

Jonathan Dieter